Company is developing, growing and expanding and is focused on building innovative technology platforms. The technology transformation is happening right now, and we are seeking the brightest and most talented Information Technology professionals to lead the way in this transformation. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about transforming the way we utilize technology in our industry. Your technical expertise and creativity is the key to ensuring that we build the best technology solutions resulting in a superior experience for our customers and employees.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity for the right person to lead a high performing team of database, ETL and data engineers. This leader will have strong collaboration skills to manage an agile process, while promoting cross-functional partnerships with key business and Technology stakeholders. The ability to balance big-picture vision with an approach that is process-oriented with detailed execution is crucial to be successful in this role.
This leader will oversee a combined on-shore/ off-shore team responsible for the design, development, administration and maintenance of operational databases, Enterprise Data Warehouse, data marts, Operational Data Stores, ETL, and Business Intelligence solutions.
This is an extremely high visibility role, requires passionate and high-energy leader that has a successful track record of delivering business value.
- Leads day-to-day enterprise data operations.
- Assists in the development of a Data Strategy. This strategy will include how best to leverage ETL, CDC, data warehousing, data marts, operational data stores, data virtualization, big data engineering, enterprise reporting and analytics.
- Establishes the technical direction for the team, driving the necessary changes and making appropriate technology choices working collaboratively with the IT leadership, business partners and Enterprise Architecture teams
- Actively participates, and provides guidance to enterprise-level data governance activities.
- Ensures that project and service delivery meets commitments.
- Researches and manages relationships with data vendors to determine technical merit, partnership opportunities, and competitive intelligence
- Keen desire to learn, be reliable, conscientious and inquisitive
- Stays current on software development techniques and recommends improvements to current processes to support key initiatives.
- Prepares and executes project plans, as required, to ensure timely and cost effective resource management
- Recommends audit and review systems and practices to ensure compliance with procedures, regulations and standards.
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling and discipline of employees.
- Manages competing priorities, workloads and activities to achieve multiple project objectives.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field (required).
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in enterprise-level IT functions.. (required)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in managing large enterprise data initiatives and teams (required).
- Minimum 5 years working with enterprise-grade data integration, database management and engineering solutions (required).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar management role (required).
- Experience managing a team comprised of offshore and local members.
- Experience with data movement tools (IBM’s Data Stage, Informatica, etc.).
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Cognos, Hyperion, Qlik, Microsoft SSRS, Microsoft PowerBI, etc. ).
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies (Oracle, SQL server, MangoDB, Cassandra, Dynamo DB, Amazon Aurora etc.).
- Experience with Big Data architectures, data lakes and big data ecosystem of tools (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Storm, Cloudera, Hbase, HDFS etc.).
- Experience with Python, Scala, R etc..
- Demonstrated skill aligning data solutions with business goals and objectives.
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization.
- Strong skills related to building and improving collaboration among departments.
- Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed information in a manner that is appropriate to the audience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong motivational, coaching and teaching skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).